This 3 Day Chimpanzee Trekking Safari package is designed for up market clients who would wish to spend 3days of their holiday vacation in Uganda the Pearl of Africa. Uganda has got ten major national parks and this package covers the most rewarding Uganda’s Tropical Rain forest national park, Kibale national park, that hosts about 13 species of Primates as recorded by the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA). This package involves tracking of primates like Chimpanzees the park’s major attraction, whoever you will be able to view other primates like the L’Hoest’Monkeys, localized Red Colobus depending on nature of the day. On addition, you will also have chance to view beautiful scenery of nature and the locals of Uganda on your way to the park. The package also provides accommodations to enable you enjoy your stay in our country as you explore your safari dreams in Kibale national park.
This Chimpanzee Trekking Safari package also insures your Transportation in a 4×4 customized safari vehicle (land cruiser /min van) as a priority to make this package safe and successful due to the rough terrain in this national park.
Book with us for a tremendous 3days safari experience.
Meeting and greeting at the Airport
Safari briefing by our guide
Drive to Kibale National park
Check in at Kibale forest camp (Over night)
Chimp briefing by the game rangers
Nature walk in Bigodi wet swamps
Check out of Lodge
Drive back to kampala
|Day 1||Kampala – Kibale NP||Crater Safari Lodge||B,L,D|
|Day 2||Kibale NP/Chimps||Crater Safari Lodge||B,L,D|
|Day 3||Kibale – Kampala||B,L|
On arrival ,you will be welcomed by our official Chimpanzee Trekking Safari tour guide at Entebbe International airport who will also brief you about the safari trip and then drive west taking the Mityana-Mubende road through traditional homesteads and tea plantations. Enjoy the beautiful scenery of this part of the country. Arrive Fort Portal in time for lunch, continue driving to Kibale Forest National Park, check in at Crater Safari Lodge, Dinner and overnight.
Early morning breakfast and get ready for your chimp trekking experience
Primate Walk: This starts from Kanyanchu River Camp at 8:00am or 3:00pm. It lasts for 2-4 hours and is the most popular walk, highlighting the diversity of different animals and plant species within the forest. Chimpanzees are the main attraction, of which five groups have been partially habituated to human contact. The guided walk is along well marked tracks and a distance of 3km to 5km is covered. This walk is restricted to four groups of six persons each, in the morning and the same number in the afternoon.
After the Chimpanzee Trekking Safari party will have lunch and then visit Bigodi for a swamp walk. Bigodi is a very interesting area of Papyrus and swamp forest. Distinct possibilities include White-spotted Flufftail, Blue-headed Coucal, Blue-breasted Kingfisher, Yellow-billed Barbet and Scaly-throated Honey guide, Scaly-breasted Illadopsis, Blue-shouldered and Snowy-headed Robin-Chats, Black-faced Rufous Warbler and plenty of the spectacular Great Blue Turacos. Dinner and overnight at Crater Safari Lodge.
Breakfast and relax however its optional to visit the crater lakes area, after early lunch at the lodge drive back to Kampala – Entebbe and drop off to preferred location (Entebbe
WHAT TO CARRY IN YOUR BACK PACK
What to bring:
- Wear jungle shoes suitable for steep muddy slopes and carry a rain jacket because the park is often wet.
- Put on ear plugs for those who feel uncomfortable with jungle sounds.
- Carry rain gear, sunscreen lotion, a hat (as the weather is unpredictable) and insect repellent.
- Carry a lunch box.
For conservation reasons, visits to the gorillas are tightly controlled. The following rules apply and must be strictly adhered to:
- No one with a communicable disease (e.g. flu, diarrhea) is allowed to enter the park.
- Stay together in a tight group while with the gorillas, don’t surround them.
- Don’t get closer than 7 metres (21 feet) to the gorillas.
- Don’t eat or smoke when with the gorillas or within a distance of 200 metres from the gorillas.
- Turn away from the gorillas if you have to sneeze or cough. Cover your nose and mouth in the process.
- Burry all human feaces a minimum of one foot deep and ensure that the hole is properly covered.
- Don’t leave litter. All litter must be carried out of the park and disposed off properly.
- No person under 15 years is allowed to track gorillas.
- Don’t spit on vegetation or soil when in the park; use your hankie or other garment.
Your group must not be more than 8 tourists and must all be over 15 years old.
Request a quote for this safari
- Airport transfers
- Park entrance fee
- Nature walk in the swamps
- Accommodation(kibale forest camp) full board basis
- Car hire 4×4 customized safari vehicle inclusive of fuel (land cruiser /min van)
- Services of an English speaking driver and Guide
- Services of park rangers
- Refreshments on the way (mineral water) (lunch)
- All Government taxes
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc.
- Chimpanzee tracking permit
- Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- international flight and departure taxes.
- Laundry services.
- Any other item not included in our itinerary